While I was making some gel plate prints yesterday to use as pages for my new journal, I had problems with several of the prints and no matter what I did they just wouldn’t print the way I expected. Like this one.
I didn’t want to toss them out because the other side was perfect.
So today I played around with ways to transform the pages using image transfer techniques and finally managed to create something a little more interesting. I printed one of my photos onto the page using my inkjet printer, and then added a few more bits of color. I like it much better now.
Whenever you try something experimental, it’s always a good idea to make some samples first. Here are some image transfers that didn’t quite turn out so well.
These are transfers made using gel medium. They didn’t turn out too bad, but not what I had in mind.
This inkjet print looks a little boring.
And this one just isn’t worth saving.